Bohemia Interactive has announced the release of Arma 2: British Armed Forces which is an add-on featuring a whole load of new content for just GBP 7.99/EUR 8.99/USD 9.99.
Less than two months after Operation Arrowhead successfully routed the Takistani military regime, NATO and coalition forces face a large-scale outbreak of guerrilla insurgency. A mechanized force of Her Majesty’s Armed Forces are about to deploy and embark upon a large-scale counter-insurgency campaign, which will define the future of the coalition presence in Takistan: Operation “Crimson Lance”.
BAF provides an opportunity to explore the beautiful country of Takistan in even more depth, and offers the chance to hop across the border to Karzeghistan in the Shapur e-Dalanper region – a brand new area included as bonus content. A small, strategically important area, Shapur consists of pockets of densely developed settlements and industrial complexes within its regional boundaries, located just on the Karzeghi side of Takistan’s volatile borderlands.
Arma 2: British Armed Forces key features:
- New vehicles and weapons
- Modern British troops in multi-terrain, desert and woodland camouflage
- Personal weapons: L85A2 and L86A2 rifles, L110A1 machine gun, LRR and AW50 sniper rifles, N-LAW AT launcher
- New vehicles: Jackal 2 MWMIK all-terrain vehicle, modernized FV510 Warrior
- New helicopters: AH11 Wildcat (multi-role), HC3 Merlin (transport)
- British versions: off-road car, Chinook HC2 transport helicopter, Apache AH1 gunship
- Desert and woodland paint schemes of the ground vehicles
- New single player campaign
- Player will command a mobile observation team of British troops into battle with Takistani insurgents. Short campaign will focus on depicting asymmetrical warfare with a guerrilla force and counterinsurgency operations.
- Multiplayer modes
- Cooperative scenarios featuring the British units, vehicles and equipment.
- Engine Improvements
- Extension of the Engineer’s role
- Ability for players to effectively operate and command artillery and mortar units.
All the info can be found at www.arma2.com.